Terrapass™ “Telling Our Stories” Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. Eligibility: The “Telling Our Stories” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States. Entrants must be 18 years old at the time of entry in this Sweepstakes in order to qualify. This Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. Just Energy Advanced Solutions LLC dba terrapass (“terrapass”) employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees’ immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in the “Telling Our Stories” Sweepstakes.
2. Sponsorship: The sponsor is terrapass (“Sponsor”), located at 5251 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77056. Sponsor will conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering this Sweepstakes, the Entrant (“Entrant” or “You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor’s Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserve the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entering this Sweepstakes represents and warrants that You are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Sweepstakes.
4. “Telling Our Stories” Sweepstakes Entry Period: This promotion begins on April 5, 2021 at 10:00 AM CDT and ends on April 19, 2021 at 11:59PM CDT (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter the “Telling Our Stories” Sweepstakes by submitting an entry via the online form provided at terrapass.com OR by 1. sharing a post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter about how you see climate change around you and what are the things you are doing or plan to do to make a difference; 2. tagging the respective terrapass social account; 3. including #tptellingourstories hashtag in the post copy. Only one (1) entry is allowed per Entrant. However, Entrant can tg up to four (4) friends on the submission post for an additional entry point per tag. The Entrant Instagram and Twitter account used for submission to the Sweepstakes must be a public account. As an Entrant, your entry must fully meet all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Prizes: The Winner of the “Telling Our Stories” Sweepstakes (the “Winner”) will receive 12 months of a Carbon Balance Living Plan for two people with two cars (42,000 pounds of carbon) retail valued at $189.00 USD. The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prize shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner can transfer the prize to others. The Winner cannot request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
8. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Sponsor will notify the Winner by private/direct message on social media OR via email within 24 hours following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall be Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within two (2) calendar days from the time the award notification was sent or 2) is found ineligible, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry (e.g., text, video, photo, etc.) into this Sweepstakes, You understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees, successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, photo, portrait, voice, likeness, image, statements about the “Telling Our Stories” Sweepstakes, and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information, and public relations without any further notice, review, consent, compensation, or remuneration. All entries must be original work and not violate anyone’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. Entries that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others will result in disqualification of the participant.
10. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the “Telling Our Stories” Sweepstakes should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the “Telling Our Stories” Sweepstakes. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the “Telling Our Stories” Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by the Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the “Telling Our Stories” Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes 5) electronic error or human error in the Sweepstakes administration or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this Sweepstakes, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in Texas having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). The Entrant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: You may obtain a copy of the Winner’s name(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: terrapass 5251 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77056 US. Requests must be postmarked no later than April 22, 2021 11:59PM CDT.
15. Social Media Channel-Specific Rules: The Sweepstakes hosted by terrapass is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
16. ___ By checking here, You, the Entrant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.