2017-2018 Mother’s Day Drawing
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or in Puerto Rico.
This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. These official rules (the “Official Rules”) govern the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes PERIOD. The Sweepstakes is open from May 8th until May14th (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Just Energy Advanced Solutions LLC, 5251 Westheimer Rd. Ste. 1000, Houston, TX 77056 (“terrapass”).
- TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to enter:
- Visit the terrapass.com and purchase a using promo code FLOWER ($20 minimum).
- On a postcard or a card that is no smaller than 3 ½ x 5 inches and no larger than 4 ¼ x 6 inches, legibly handwrite your complete name, mailing address, phone number and date of birth and mail with proper postage to terrapass 2017-2018 Mother Day’s Drawing. All write-in entries must be received by May 31, 2017. There is a limit of one (1) write-in entry per envelope/postcard. Each envelope/postcard is considered one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Multiple entries submitted or completed by anyone other than the entrant are void. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Write-in entries must contain all entry fields outlined above; otherwise, they are void and will not be eligible to win.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of terrapass which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Each eligible entry will be entered into the Sweepstakes drawing scheduled to be held on June 1st at 4 p.m. CT.
- PRIZE & SELECTION PROCESS.
Prize. A $250 Dollar Energy Earth Gift Card. The winner will be contacted by email during the week of June 5th.
- ELIGIBILITY & LIMITATIONS.
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older (at the time of Sweepstakes entry) and a legal resident of the United States to have the opportunity to participate in the Sweepstakes for the chance to win the prize.
- Employees of terrapass and any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and members of the immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) of any of the above are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes for a chance to win the prize.
- The winner may be required to execute and return and affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and where lawful a publicity release within five (5) days of the winning notification date. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize or prize notifications is returned as undeliverable, if terrapass is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited.
- A prize which is not mailed (via USPS or UPS) must be claimed at terrapass’s offices within fifteen (15) days of availability. Proper identification and proof of age must be presented before any prize will be released.
- No substitution of the prize is offered, no transfer of any prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value. Terrapass reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value.
- If for any reason a Sweepstakes winner provides notice that they have decided not to accept the awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging that they are forfeiting the prize. It will be at terrapass’s discretion if another contestant is to be selected as the winner.
- Decisions. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of terrapass. Terrapass reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible who terrapass believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or has acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Terrapass will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules of the Sweepstakes and terrapass’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of terrapass, terrapass reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as it deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by terrapass and are final. Terrapass may waive any of these Official Rules in its sole discretion.
- TAXES. The value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to any prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Each winner must provide terrapass with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 for the total amount of winnings at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- PUBLICITY; Use of Personal Information. Terrapass may collect personal data about entrants when they enter the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and the winner agree that terrapass may disclose personal information obtained from entrants and the winner in the Sweepstakes to affiliates and third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes. By participating, all entrants and the winner grant terrapass exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this Sweepstakes and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
- RELEASE. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant and the winner waives any and all claims of liability against terrapass, their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or from the use of any prize. Winner further acknowledges that terrapass has neither made nor is in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to the prize or any portion thereof, including but not limited to quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. In order to receive the prize, the winner must sign an official waiver form provided by terrapass.
- GENERAL. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of terrapass in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Harris County, Texas. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and each hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or attorneys’ fees.
- DISCLAIMER. Terrapass disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Terrapass shall not be liable to any winner or any person claiming through winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond terrapass’s sole control.
- 12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. All entrants agree to release and hold harmless terrapass and all of its respective affiliated companies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, legal counsel, and/or participating promotional partners from all losses, damages, penalties, claims, actions, suits, costs, and expenses of any kind whatsoever and any property damage, personal injury, or death to any participant or third person caused by or arising out of or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or with the use of any prize awarded. Terrapass is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes or the equipment used in its administration.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, the Sweepstakes winner, specify the information being requested and send the request in a self-addressed stamped envelope to terrapass, 5251 Westheimer Rd. Ste. 1000, Houston, Texas 77056 by July 1, 2017.