The #Tesla #Powerwall being installed in #VT by @GreenMtnPower. Learn about #EnergyStorage https://t.co/CrjuVLe7AP
New TerraPass project: Blue Canyon Wind Farm
TerraPass experienced dramatic growth last year. This Friday we crossed another milestone: 40,000 people carry some form of a TerraPass. With all that demand, we’ve been looking for new projects to support. The latest is a good example of the benefits of rural wind power in the heartland of America – The Blue Canyon Wind Farm in Oklahoma.
(Check out these nifty satellite pics.)
Our first purchase is more than 17,000 megawatt-hours, or 9% of total capacity. That means that of the 45 turbines, 4 of them turn just for TerraPass members. As part of the Western Farmer’s Electric Cooperative WindWorks program, TerraPass members will join customers of 19 separate cooperative utility programs in supporting the wind farm. The program was named a top-ten Green Power Program in March ’06 by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
- 72 MW capacity wind farm in Anadarko, OK
- 45 1.6MW turbines from NEG Micon
- Online Dec 2004
- Purchase of 17,075 MWH Green-e certified RECs
- Displacement claim based on 1937 lbs CO2/MWh, 15,000 metric tons CO2 total
- Meets all additionality criteria of Green-e.
- Co-benefits include over 100 construction jobs, grazing on ranch land, and wild elk habitat
For photo lovers, see some pics here. I’ve also made some desktop images of the farm (1920 x 1440, 1024 x 768, 800 x 600), complete with roaming elk. Let me know if you like them and we’ll get some better quality images for your desktop viewing.